Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Artist Statement


It’s hard to say I’m an artist, because I’m still on the path of discovering myself. But at this point, I would define myself as a writer.
Currently, I'm a freelance writer at chick flick type of blog, called StoryChick, which focuses on dating, relationship, wellness, fashion and celebrities.
My inspiration comes from people around me. I believe that there is an incredibly interesting and unique story behind every person. I’m a very visual person, thus, observing people and noticing details about them comes naturally. People are interesting creatures, and that may be the reason for my interest in psychology.  My other interest would be wellness, particularly nutrition and fitness.

The first time I thought about writing was 6 years ago, when one of my friends noticed my obsession with buying magazines. I’ve never though about it before her mentioning that, maybe one day I should create and have my own magazine.

I started writing short stories, and tried poetry, but at some point I realized it is not my thing. Writing about actual people, their stories and experiences is something that interests me the most.

Apart from writing, my interests would be advertising and Public Relations. During the summer, I binge watched the TV show Mad Men, which increased my interest towards advertising. Apart from advertising in the series, there is a very in-depth representation of the characters. Their personalities were shown from every possible angle and perspective, which created the whole spectrum of one and every persona in the show. Matthew Weiner, the creator of the show, has become an inspiration for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment